Ellie Laumark - Candidate for the Prescott City Council!
Watch Ellie's Video! (3:36)
Welcome and thank you so much for visiting my site! I hope it will inform you about me and inform your choice for Prescott City Council come voting day. The primary is just around the corner and If I represent for you, your values, your inclincations about this beautiful place we live, please vote for me! I will do my utmost to be your advocate for a great and sustainable future.
You will learn I am a newcomer to politics...and I think that is a good thing. My living record speaks for itself in regards to how I have conducted my life. I believe in the ten commandments and doing right by all things. - Ellie LaumarkI PLEDGE TO THE VOTERS THAT I WILL:
Protect Prescott’s Natural Resources by honoring the Voter Open Space Initiative.
Protect Prescott’s Quality of Life by advocating for Sustainable Growth and a regional water management system that addresses future needs.
Support Regional Economic Development in collaboration with Prescott Schools to create new jobs and diversify our economy.
Promote the growth of eco-tourism, small business and clean technology industries.
Look at issues from all sides, listen to people’s concerns and act with integrity on their behalf.
Miss Laumark recognizes the challenges facing Prescott in sustainable growth, in water management and in building an economy that will thrive in all economic cycles. She is committed to:
* Protecting Prescott's quality of life by supporting sustainable growth maintained by sensible water use
* Working towards increasing Prescott's eco-tourism, small business and technology growth
* Following through with the voter initiative on open space
* Preserving and promoting Prescott's historical and western roots
* Supporting continued free library use
* Advocating for a public education system that prepares students for living wage careers
* Supporting a regional transportation system
* Improving civic engagement in council initiatives
* Seeking best practices and common ground to plan for the future
BROAD AND DIVERSE EXPERIENCE
. 30 years in public health administration
. 7 years teaching health information management
. 17 years a small business owner
. Member, City of Prescott Community Block Grant Advisory Committee
. Board Member, Thrivent Financial For Lutherans
. Chair, Personnel Committee Emmanuel Lutheran
. Assistant Secretary, The Mountain Club
. Trail Volunteer, Over The Hill Gang
. Leader, TOPS
. Volunteer, The Highlands Center for Natural History